7 Things you should know about hummingbirds
- There are 15 types of hummingbirds in the U.S.A and 5 types in Canada.
- Hummingbirds depend on artificial sugar until nature brings blossoms.
- Hummingbirds feed 5-8 times per hour and consume approximately ½ of their weight in sugar daily.
- At least 3 hummingbird feeders are recommended per yard to reduce conflict.
- Feeders should be set out by early May (in Canada) and early April (Southern USA).
- Hummingbirds are attracted to bright colors such as red, orange, and yellow.
- Hummingbirds can live up to 10 years coming back to the same feeder every year.
Check out past learning articles
Peanut Wreath instruction manual (10760,10765,10745) The peanut wreath is a unique, easy access peanut-in-shell feeder. It is one of the few feeders available that properly dispenses whole peanuts in shell. It attracts jays, woodpeckers, nuthatches, and other peanut...
Why should I attract beneficial garden creatures? Mason bees pollinate up to 1500 blossoms per day! Bats eat up to 1000 mosquitoes in an hour! Ladybugs eat harmful pests such as aphids, mites and scale. Butterflies are a sign of a healthy garden and help the it grow...
7 Things you should know about Cardinals Cardinals prefer to face their food while eating. If you are using a tube feeder add a seed catching tray for better results. Their favorite seeds are safflower and black oil sunflower. Straight safflower is great because it...
300 Arthur St.
Mount Forest, ON
N0G 2L3 Canada
Phone: (8770) 664-3247
Fax: (877) 644-3211
Mon-Thu: 8am - 5pm Fri: 8am - 3pm